Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Hun"

You know that tone of voice you use with a family member when you need to ask a little favor that, basically, they have to grant because it's necessary, but it won't really inconvenience them too much? Such as, "I need to run to the bathroom, could you just wait one second before you do x so I can be there too?" or "Can I run and grab x real quick before we leave?"

So in that tone of voice, I heard a little voice from the back seat of the car, just as we were driving by the neighborhood park: "Hun! Play park! Few minutes!"

Hun = abbreviated form of "Honey" by which the parents of that little voice frequently address each other.

Muffled laughter ensued from the driver's seat!

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, my! That's hilarious!!! I have also enjoyed the various "word(s) of the day"...

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless! I love those bright moments of the days with little children! Putting them in your blog is a great way of remembering and recording them! Language development has to be one of the most interesting stages of child development! Being imitated is rather frightening at times, but wonderful when the "good" is caught!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home