Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Antics




Here's some of our latest (though maybe not greatest) pictures:

We have a 2-dimensional Christmas tree this year - Ben conceived the idea and and I put it together. Since it hangs on the wall, it's quite child-proof.

A small invasion of ants in our kitchen. A couple months ago, we contracted with an exterminator to come on a regular basis. He applies this sticky ant bait which the ants eat, take back to their nests, and all die. It works really well and I never have to worry about smashing ants or spraying Raid (traps are almost useless here). I think it's kind of interesting how they all line up like eyelashes to munch on their suicidal feast.

Mariah has learned to clap her hands and thinks it's a pretty fun trick.

Concerning interesting things in life: I visited with some other wives of Lilly employees this morning and discovered that Ben's long hours are actually shorter than what some guys work. Two of them mentioned that their husbands don't get home until 9 pm at the earliest, and it can be as late as 11 pm. at times. Often their kids go 3 days without seeing their dad. The working hours in the corporate world here in PR are really frustrating to us since they conflict so directly with our personal value of family time.

We were excited to learn that the E. Blackwoods would like us to store their spinet-style piano in our house while they're Down Under. I'm not sure yet where we'll put it, but I am so excited that we will have a real piano to use when we get home!

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger BamFam said...

Hi guys,
I like the Christmas tree. Check out the tree I decorated at your house. We haven't put the big one up yet so I just put our ornaments on the one in the pic. Oh, and we got dumped on last night! I think we got about 5-6 inches!! Everything looks so clean :-) I hope there is a good snow for you when you come home. I put pics of the snow and tree on our blog. Later,
Meg Fish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home