Monday, October 17, 2005

Lizards



We've mentioned to some of you that Lily likes to look for lizards in our yard. We see the little ones (like seen at pet stores or ECHO) frequently. However there is a larger variety that we've only spotted a few times. This guy (at left) came wandering out while we were swimming this morning (I got the picture later in the morning when I spotted him/her again). He is about 12 inches long, including the tail. At first glance I wondered if it was a rat! I was relieved to realize it was just a big lizard.

Incidentally, we also have frogs the size of small kittens (we're not kidding) that come out in the evening in our front yard. We don't have a picture yet, but when we do, we'll post. They are really cool. Lily and Ben went frog hunting on Sat. night after dinner for about 1/2 an hour. Great playtime.

Unfortunately, pictures of wild life don't come with little rulers at the side to "compare for size".

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad for your blog. The pictures are especially great for Charlie. Repeat after me "Me llamo Anna." "Me llamo Ben." Literally "I am called Anna/Ben." Different Spanish dialects pronounce "ll" differenly: sometimes like "y" in yellow, sometimes like "sh" or "zh".
Happy conversing!

Me llamo Lisa

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh man - I'm jealous of the creature spying you guys are enjoying!
I would definitely be chasing the frogs and lizards there! (Since you were my leaders on an ECHO trip, I'm sure you probably could've guessed that.)
I'm praying for you guys!

God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home